Whether you’re seeking a first-time board seat or are an experienced director, your LinkedIn profile requires a targeted approach. Don’t make the mistake of focusing solely on your impact as an operational executive. It’s critical to highlight all board experience (including nonprofit and advisory boards) as well as board-relevant experience (e.g., M&A, transformation, global expansion) and expertise in key areas (e.g., cybersecurity, regulatory compliance, risk management).
In this session, we’ll share essential strategies and tips to optimize your LinkedIn profile and improve visibility for a board search by:
• Making the right impression with a board-appropriate Headshot
• Writing an effective Headline that goes beyond your title & company
• Articulating board value in the Summary
• Adjusting Experience section to be more board-relevant
• Including relevant hard and soft Skills